SulfaSenSor is a rapid assay in dipstick format detecting the contamination of milk samples by Sulfonamides molecules
Sulfasensor is a competitive test involving a specific antibody with high affinity for most of Sulfamide molecules.
The test requires the use of two components :
- The first component is a microwell containing predetermined amount of antibody linked to gold particles.
- The second is a dipstick made up of a set of membranes with specific capture lines.
For a valid test, the upper red control line has to be visible after the second incubation. When the reagent from the microwell is re-suspended with a milk sample, specific antibodies will bind the analytes if present during the first incubation. When the dipstick is dipped into the sample, the liquid starts running vertically on the dipstick and passes through capture zones. When the sample is free of Sulfamides, a colour development occurs at the “test” line, indicating the absence of Sulfamides in the milk sample. On the contrary, the presence of Sulfamides in the sample will not cause the coloured signal to appear at the “test” capture line.
- Sensitive Adapted To Specific Regulations
- User-Friendly Easily Performed On Site Or In The Lab
- Reliable And Robust
- Generic Detection Of All Relevant Molecules In One Single Test
Good to know
Sulfonamides represent a class of synthetic antibacterial compounds widely used in food-producing animals for therapeutic, prophylactic and growth-promoting purposes. Improper use of sulfonamides in the dairy industry, such as excessive administration and inappropriate withdrawal period, may result in sulfonamide residues in milk. The presence of Sulfonamide residues in milk is of great concern, as they can give rise to human adverse effects (including strong allergic reactions, nephrotoxicity, and potential carcinogenic effect) and because they can promote growth of antibiotic-resistant strain of bacteria leading to inefficiency of these drugs for human therapeutic use.
How to use
- Catalogue Name : SulfaSensor Milk MRL 96 tests - KIT039
- The test can be used in-situ for daily controls or in laborato- ries for the analysis of series of milk samples.
- This test does not require any sample processing, cleaning or extraction.