Aflasensor is a rapid assay in dipstick format detecting quantitatively the contamination of milk samples by Aflatoxin M1 molecules.
Aflasensor is a competitive test involving specific antibody with high affinity for Aflatoxin M1 molecules.
The test requires the use of two components :
- The first component is a microwell containing predetermined amount of antibody linked to gold particles.
- The second is a dipstick made up of a set of membranes with specific capture lines.
- Quantitative Large Detection Range
- User-Friendly Easily Performed On Site Or In The Lab
- Reliable And Robust
Good to know
Milk is a highly nutritious food, and it is a source of necessary macro- and micronutrients for the growth, development and maintenance of human health. However, it may also be a source of natural food contaminants that may cause disease. The presence of aflatoxin M1 (AFM1) in milk and dairy products throughout the world has been known since twenty to thirty ago. Milk and dairy products contamination with aflatoxin M1 is important problem worldwide especially for developing countries for the last ten to twenty years. This is important issue, especially for children and infants, who are more susceptible than adults.
Strict regulations and adapting good storage practices in developed countries have minimized the contamination of AFM1 in milk and dairy products. The current advancements in analytical techniques have helped the law enforcement agencies to implement strict regulations. Furthermore, the improvement in analytical facility and increasing the awareness related to the health effects of AFM1 in milk and dairy products could minimize its occurrence level in developing countries. [source]
How to use
- Catalogue Name : AflaSensor Quanti Milk 0,05 ppb 96 tests
- The test can be used in-situ for daily controls or in laboratories for the analysis of series of milk samples. This test does not require any sample processing, cleaning or extraction.
- The results are directly interpreted by using an instrumental reading (ReadSensor) for quantitative results. The LOQ of the Aflasensor in raw cow’s milk is 20 ppt with a quantification range going from 20 to 200 ppt.