QuinoSensor is a rapid assay in dipstick format detecting the contamination of milk samples by (Fluoro)-quinolones molecules.
Quinosensor is a competitive test involving specific antibody with high affinity for most of (Fluoro) Quinolone molecules.
The test requires the use of two components :
- The first component is a microwell containing predetermined amount of antibody linked to gold particles.
- The second is a dipstick made up of a set of membranes with two capture lines. The “control” line is located above the “Test” line.
When the reagent from the microwell is re-suspended with a milk sample, specific antibodies will bind the analytes if present during the first incubation. When the dipstick is dipped into the sample, the liquid starts running vertically on the dipstick and passes through capture zones. When the sample is free of (Fluoro) Quinolones, a colour development occurs at the “test” line, indicating the absence of (Fluoro) Quinolones in the milk sample. On the contrary, the presence of (Fluoro) Quinolones in the sample will not cause the coloured signal to appear at the “test” capture line.
- Sensitive Adapted To Specific Regulations
- User-Friendly Easily Performed On Site Or In The Lab
- Reliable And Robust
- Generic Detection Of All Relevant Molecules In One Single Test
Good to know
Quinolones are a family of synthetic broad-spectrum antibiotic drugs. Nowadays, the possible public health risk associated with the presence of quinolone residues and other antibiotics in milk is well-known. The monitoring of the veterinary drugs residues is an important part of the food safety control in raw materials and foods of animal origin. To ensure the safety of food of animal origin for consumers, maximum residue limits (MRL) of veterinary drugs used with the food animals have been set for raw materials of animal origin.
How to use
- Catalogue Name : QuinoSensor Milk MRL 96 tests - KIT038
- The test can be used in-situ for daily controls or in laboratories for the analysis of series of milk samples.
- This test does not require any sample processing, cleaning or extraction.
- The results are either directly interpreted by visual observation of the test line or using an instrumental reading (Readsensor).