5 Things You Didn't Know About Milk Adulteration
An Interesting Post By Sayantan Ghosh From New Delhi, About Milk Adulteration In India. (source)
- Milk is one the most consumed products in India.
- More than 68% of the milk in India is adulterated.
- Milk manufactures add substance like Urea, Formalin, detergent, water and many other substances with the milk.
- Milk adulteration is evolving and people are finding newer ways and chemicals to adulterate milk. Hydrogen peroxide is among the recent.
- Supreme Court recently favoured stringent punishment of life imprisonment for milk adulteration which at present is punishable only up to six months jail term or fine. (source)
Unisensor provides rapid assay detecting Melamine, Extraneous Cow Milk, and Extraneous Goat Milk adulteration, in milk samples.